2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Six Former Leafs That Still Have A Shot at The Cup!
Leaf fans will no doubt be torn as to whether to cheer for or against the ex-Toronto players who are still in the hunt for the Stanley Cup. With one round down there are still 7 former Maple Leaf players who are fighting it out in the conference semi-finals.
Here are my 'power rankings' for the 7 ex-Leafs still in the NHL playoffs:
- Tuukka Rask (BOS): The former 21st overall pick by the Leafs has been an integral part of the Bruins playoff run. Rask out-dueled arguably the best goalie in the league, Ryan Miller, in the first round to defeat the Buffalo Sabres. With the Bruins up 2-0 over the Flyers, Rask looks poised to lead his team into the Conference FInals.
- Hall Gill (MON): Gill has been shutting down the best players in the league since the Habs playoff run began. He was a big reason why the Canadiens fought back from a 3-1 deficit in the first round to defeat the Washington Capitals. If the Habs can squeak by the Penguins it will be because Hal Gill was able to shut down Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.
- Dominic Moore (MON): He's only managed to score 2 goals in 10 games so far for the Canadiens but he scored perhaps the biggest goal of his career in the first round. He scored the game-winning goal in the pivotal Game 7 against the Washington Capitals.
- Alexei Ponikarovsky (PIT): Ponikarovsky has struggled to produce offensively with just 1 goal and assists in 9 games played. He's been a physical presence down low in the offensive zone and he'll need to continue to contribute for Pittsburgh to go the distance.
- Kyle Wellwood (VAN): 'Frodo' had a very slow start to.......(read more)